mpgedit Development Change Log
* Mon Apr 13 2009 * Updated build to support GCC 4.4.
* Tue Mar 17 2009 * Added support for LAME "Info" tag
* Wed Feb 4 2009 * Improved xmpgedit main scrolled window behavior.
* Added playback duration for each edit to xmpgedit
* Added support for command line options in xmpgedit.
* Added start time offset to xmpgedit, which allows setting the 0 second
start time to an arbitrary time a file being edited. Useful when
editing from a script with an existing playlist that must be aligned
to the start of an mp3 file.
* Added ability to create subdirectory to file save control.
* Added ALSA audio driver support.
* Added additional checks for unsaved edits to xmpgedit.
* Added Fedora Core 8 RPMs to the build.
* Sat Oct 6 2007 * Released py_mpgedit SDK version 0.3.
* Fixed PCM levels processing which resulted in incorrectly scaled
volume display in xmpgedit PCM viewer.
* Sun Sep 23 2007 * Portability fixes when building on 64-bit Linux platforms
* Fixed problems when seeking to time near start of MP3 file
* Display complete seek time when -I option is specified
* Fixed crash on Windows when closing multiple playback contexts
* Fixed mpgedit usage text for -X2 option
* xmpgedit can now decode MP3 file when unable to open audio device
* xmpgedit decode option verifies MP3 file's decode cache (.lvl file)
and now will only re-decode invalid/incompletely decoded files
* Sun Apr 9 2006 * Fixed playback and editing with -I option, which would
frequently repeat up to a second of material at the
start of the edit.
* Sun Apr 2 2006 * Fixed xmpgedit playto start time is 974ms or higher.
Often would play one second beyond specified start time.
* Fixed xmpgedit crash when volume was adjusted after
stopping audio playback.
* Added "Copy Start time" to edit menu.
* Wed Feb 1 2006 * Added -X2 to -H usage. xmpgedit can now decode files
without being able to open the audio output device.
* Tue Nov 29 2005 * Fixed bug in curses mpgedit when loading abandoned
session file with bogus mp3 entry.
* Sat Nov 19 2005 * Alpha 2 release for port of mpgedit to Mac OS X.
Mixer control works in this release.
* Sun Nov 6 2005 * Major overhaul of clist and PCM viewer operations.
* Fixed man page install using install.sh.
* Tue Oct 25 2005 * Alpha release for port of mpgedit to Mac OS X.
* Added option to display mp3 file statistics to xmpgedit.
* Tue Oct 18 2005 * Fixed SIGSEGV when playback plugin cannot be loaded.
* Thu Oct 13 2005 * mpgedit -p playback is now supported with the -I flag.
* Sun Oct 2 2005 * Fixed libdecoder_popen.so playback decoder.
* Thu Sep 8 2005 * xmpgedit file browser now caches last directory visited.
* Wed Sep 7 2005 * Added "main data begin" to mp3 frame -vvv statistics report.
* Sat Jun 11 2005 * Added libdecoder_mad.so (lib MAD) playback decoder.
* Fri Mar 2 2005 * Added test case for mpgedit -vv frame number decoding to
* Properly cleanup libmpgedit_decoder.so symbolic link when
libdecoder_mpg123.so no longer exists.
* Added readframes.c test program.
* Fri Feb 4 2005 * Fixed "mpgedit -I file.mp3" core dump.
* Tue Nov 30 2004 * Added RPM packaging for mpgedit and xmpgedit.
* Installation script and man RPM package runs makewhatis to
update man path.
* Changed Linux build to warn when pyrexc is not installed,
and print a reference for where it can be obtained.
* Sat Nov 27 2004 * Fixed xmpgedit SIGSEGV when editing mp3 files in a
read-only directory then attempting to open the PCM file
* Mon Nov 22 2004 * Fixed -X2 option for mono mp3 and stereo/mono MPEG2/
MPEG2.5 encoded files.
* Sat Nov 6 2004 * Fixed NULL pointer usage that occurred when the last file
remaining in the xmpgedit edit list is removed with
File->Cut, resulting in a SIGSEGV error when editing
files with the PCM file viewer.
* Sun Oct 31 2004 * Fixed buffer over run error that occurred when editing
mp3 files encoded at a slow bit rate, resulting in
frequent SIGSEGV errors in xmpgedit when editing these
files using the PCM file viewer.
* Sun Oct 17 2004 * Command line mpgedit is now capable of performing edits
without first generating an index file. Use -I command
line option to enable this feature.
* Tue Oct 12 2004 * Fixed portability problem with PCM byte order processing
on big endian platforms. This affects most UNIX
platforms and MAC OSX. Fixed bug in curses mpgedit that
prevented last time in a file from being picked as an
edit time. Report an error when an edit time beyond the
end of a file is selected.
* Sun Oct 10 2004 * mpgedit curses mode audio playback stops much faster now
by calling DSP reset to flush all pending audio data.
* Fixed minor portability problems when compiling with
Solaris SparcWorks compiler.
* Wed Oct 6 2004 * Now all files loaded for editing will display their
amplitudes after opening the PCM viewer, and
create the PCM .lvl cache file as needed. Previous
releases required selecting the 'File->Decode' option on
* Fixed a bug when clicking on playback time LED indicator
that prevented the displayed time units from changing.
* Tue Sep 28 2004 * Linux distribution package is now a self-extracting
compressed tar file.
* Fixed ldconfig cache update bug on install.
* Thu Sep 16 2004 * Further improvements to 7-segment LED time displays;
clicking on the time changes display units.
* Sat Aug 28 2004 * Fixed bug which prevented the mp3 end time from being
selected by the waveform selector.
* Further UI redesign and "eye-candy"
* Added 7-segment LED time display.
* Sun Aug 22 2004 * Enhanced pcmview to allow highlighting of a waveform
segment to set the edit times.
* Mon Jul 19 2004 * Redesigned xmpgedit GUI to use simplified playback control
and start/stop record buttons.
* Rationalized spin button control implementation.
* Sun Jun 20 2004 * Integrated pcmview into xmpgedit.
* Sun Jun 6 2004 * Added -I silence search using integration) option to
* Added pcmview program, which graphically renders an MP3
PCM (.lvl) file. This will be integrated into xmpgedit.
* Sun May 30 2004 * Enhanced the autoedit menu (curses mode A option) to
accept a comma separated list of file names, to support
names with spaces. See man page for full description.
* Tue May 25 2004 * Added -X2 option to usage line. This option has been
implemented for some time now, but the usage was not
* Mon May 17 2004 * Bug fixes for entering and leaving curses mode. Upon
entering curses mode, any edits specified on the command
line (both -c and -e present) were ignored. Upon
exiting curses mode, no edits were performed when
autoedit mode was specified.
* Sat May 15 2004 * Added suppress edit (-E option) to mpgedit. Useful
when used in conjunction with -v flags to generate
verbose output for a portion of an mp3 file without
actually performing the edit.
* Sat May 15 2004 * Changed index file format to store file statistics
analysis at the beginning of the index file.
Performance boost for utils/align_mp3/align.py script.
* Tue May 11 2004 * Added -vvvv, -vvvvv options to mpgedit, which
displays an MD5 checksum for every frame processed.
* Sun May 9 2004 * Implemented line join (J command) in curses mpgedit.
See tag mpgedit_0-71_dev_line_join_cp16.
* mpgedit -c file.mp3 does not create index file.
* Fixed in version mpgedit_0-71_dev_line_join_cp16.